Instructions for online signup procedure:
After successfully using an online signup system during the summer of 2020, and transitioning to a slightly adapted system in 2021, ATIS will continue the use of an online system for 2022.
- Each Wednesday, we will post on this webpage a signup form for the following week's trips. Please use the signup form (linked above) to register for your preferences of trips for the following week. If you would like to change your trip requests, please just submit a second form; we will discard your earlier form if we receive a duplicate from the same person.
- The form will close at 8 am on Saturday mornings; at that time, a counselor will sort through all of the forms and place campers on each trip.
- Sometime between 8 am on Saturday and 8 am on Sunday, you will receive an email at the address listed on your Google Form with confirmation of your camper's placement on various trips.
- If you would like to sign up for trips after the form has closed or would like to cancel from a trip, please call us (do NOT email!) at the ATIS Hut: 518 576-9157. We will have counselors available at that number Monday through Thursday from 8am - 11am.
Frequently asked questions:
Do I need to sign up in advance for overnights, rock climbing, and AA hikes?
- No. You should just use the signup form as for all other hikes and trips.
How will you decide who goes on a trip if there are more registrations for that trip than spaces available?
- If there is more demand for a given trip than we have space available, we will use a random number draw to decide which campers will end up on each trip.
Other procedures for 2022
- Instead of meeting on the Ausable Club porch, as was traditional prior to 2020, ATIS trips will instead meet under the trees in front of the ATIS Hut; please do not enter the ATIS Hut before trips unless granted permission by a counselor.
- We reserve the right to ask all campers and counselors (and preferably parents) to wear masks for the duration of all car rides. We will also ask that all car windows be rolled down whenever possible. (Parents may of course choose to not have any kids other than their own ride in their cars and to have their kids not ride with other families).
- At the current time, all ATIS campers and counselors will be required to wear masks whenever riding the Ausable Club bus.